Federal Employee Benefits and Perks, Employee Discounts 2023
Federal Employee Benefits and Discounts – The federal government provides its employees with a first-class benefits package designed to help employees build a solid financial foundation for meeting a diverse array of needs — health care, retirement security, income protection, and personal interests.
Federal Employee Benefits includes base pay and bonus, benefits, retirement savings, stock and perks as well as health insurance, paid time off, income protection, educational scholarships, and more to meets a diverse array of needs; health care, retirement security, and personal interests
Once you’ve been selected to be a part of the government team, you’ll have access to a range of attractive employee benefits at the Federal.
So, if you are an employee or corporate at the federal government, read here you can get additionally paid from the federal government.
- Alliant Employee Benefits
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Employee Benefits
- Xero Employee Benefits
- YWCA Employee Benefits
- Marriott Employee Benefits
Federal Employee Benefits Programs – Complete Information
The federal government has committed to helping their employees grow by rewarding them for their giving and investing in their health, well-being, and financial wellness.
As part of that commitment, The federal government offers a full range of benefits designed around components to encourage wellness in all aspects of their lives.
Federal Career Benefits program offers a broad variety of programs and resources to support the life journey of the professionals. It also reflects on their continued commitment to lead from the front in everything they do.
Federal Health Care Benefits
Through the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP), federal employees, retirees, and their families enjoy the widest selection of health insurance plans in the country.
More than 200 plans participate in the program, so employees can choose the plan that best fits their individual healthcare needs.
Your federal agency will cover the majority of the health care costs, usually between 70 and 75 percent.
Specific benefits vary by plan, but no plan requires a waiting period or a medical exam to enroll. There are no restrictions based on age or physical condition, and the program provides guaranteed protection that cannot be canceled by the health plan.
Flexible Spending Accounts
A flexible spending account allows you to put aside some of your pre-tax salaries to pay for common out-of-pocket expenses.
The federal government offers a Health Care Flexible Spending Account of up to $5,000 annually.
Employees can use it to pay for any eligible health care expenses not covered by the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program, such as over-the-counter medications or plan premiums.
Federal Career Benefits
The Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) program is the largest group life insurance program in the world. It covers over 4 million current and retired federal employees and their families.
Unless an employee waives coverage, almost all full and part-time federal employees are automatically enrolled in a life insurance plan equal to their salaries.
As with health insurance, employees do not have to prove insurability, so no physical is required.
Child and Dependent Care
Child and dependent care: There are many different programs available to federal employees for child and/or dependent care.
Employee Assistance Programs
All federal agencies offer Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs) — a free, voluntary service to help employees address issues that negatively affect their job performance and personal health.
Staffed by professional counselors, EAPs help employees overcome problems like alcohol and drug abuse, work, and family pressures, and job stress.
Federal Retirement Benefits
The government provides all employees with a comprehensive retirement benefits package named the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS). This system includes three different contributions to your retirement.
Basic Benefit Plan
Each pay period an employee will pay a small amount to the Basic Benefit Plan and their agency will pay one percent of your annual pay.
This plan also provides for long-term disability and survivor benefits for your spouse and children.
The employee must have worked at least five years in the federal government to receive retirement benefits from the Basic Benefit Plan.
Thrift Savings Plan
The Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) offers benefits similar to a traditional 401(k) plan. Through this plan, the company allows employees to contribute up to 5% of their salary, and they will also match a certain amount of what an employee personally contribute each pay period, up to five percent of their salary.
Employees at the federal government will earn credit for the Social Security account and pay the taxes for this program in full with many benefits including disability and protection for retired, unemployed, or disabled employees.
Security account and pay taxes for this program in full.
Social Security will supply employees with many benefits including disability and protection for their survivors.
Federal Employee Discounts 2023
- Apple: Up to 15% off of retail prices
- AT&T: With AT&T Signature Program
- Dell: Discounts ranging from 5% to 15%
- Geico: Through Eagle discounts, can be eligible for automobile insurance
- HP: With Employee buy Program, receive up to 35% off products
- Microsoft: Microsoft Home Use Program
- Sprint: Federal employees can receive 15% Service Discount on devices
- T-Mobile: Become part of T-Mobile Advantage Program
- Verizon: Federal employees, veterans and service members receive a 15% discount off monthly service and 25% accessories.
- Eye Care Washington: Save 20% on prescription eyeglasses
- Home Depot: Offers 10% discount at participating locations
- Lenovo: Military and government employees receive up to 15% off
- Pods: Offers discounted government
- Lowe’s: Offers 10% discount at participating locations
- Resumeedge: Federal employees receive a 5% discount
You May Also Like To Check:
- Delta Employee Benefits
- Air Canada Employee Benefits
- Meijer Employee Benefits
- Deloitte Employee Benefits
- Kaiser Permanente Employee Benefits
Hotel & Travel
- Club Quarters: Become a member to get federal employee and military discounts
- Hilton: Offers discounted rates
- Marriott: Offers government hotel rates to qualified guests and direct access to gov and military discount hotel availability
- La Quinta Inn & Suites: Offers lower government rates to all military and federal employees
- Choice Hotels: Offers reduced rates
- Amtrak: Offers government employees and military discounted fares on rail travel
Check more Employee Benefits:
- GEICO Employee Benefits
- JCPenney Employee Benefits
- Walmart Employee Benefits
- US Bank Employee Benefits
- TD Bank Employee Benefits
- Henry Ford Health Systems Employee Benefits
- Ryder Employee Benefits
- PwC Employee Benefits
- BMO Employee Benefits
- Chipotle Employee Benefits
- John Deere Employee Benefits
So, this is all about employee benefits of working at the federal government.
If you are searching for a job at the federal government, you must be aware of all the Federal Employee Benefits including the federal employee health benefits, and the federal government career benefits.
If you still have any questions on the federal government employee benefits and anything else, then let us know.
We will get back to you as soon as possible…
You May Also Like To Check:
- Chase Bank Employee Benefits
- KeyBank Employee Benefits
- Dunkin Donuts Employee Benefits
- Capital One Employee Benefits
- United Airlines Employee Benefits
- Allstate Employee Benefits
- PetSmart Employee Benefits
- Verizon Employee Benefits
- Amazon Employee Benefits UK
- HCA Healthcare Employee Benefits