VA Employee Benefits 2022
If you are an employee at the US Department of Veterans Affairs, then you must be aware of VA Employee Benefits that offered by the US Department of Veterans Affairs for you.
US Department of Veterans Affairs offers numerous VA Perks and Benefits for its staff to keep its staff happy and loyal towards the company.
US Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Benefits designed specially to take care of employee’s total well-being: physical, mental, financial, and social. VA Employee Discounts are also offered in order to help employees to be productive and happy at work and at home.
So, if you are an employee at any US Department of Veterans Affairs, then check this VA Job Benefits and Perks details which you can enjoy.
About US Department of Veterans Affairs
US Department of Veterans Affairs is a federal Cabinet-level agency in America that offers near-comprehensive healthcare services to eligible military veterans at VA medical centers and outpatient clinics.
The federal offers offer eligible military veterans to get many non-healthcare benefits like disability compensation, vocational rehabilitation, home loans, education assistance, and life insurance and provides burial and memorial benefits to eligible veterans and family members at 135 national cemeteries.
Popular Employee Benefits:
- Chick fil a employee benefits
- Disney employee benefits
- Hilton employee benefits
- rite aid benefits
- Costco Employee Benefits
- upmc employee benefits
- American express employee benefits
Check more Employee Benefits:
- Cisco Employee benefits
- Home depot benefits
- FedEx express benefits
- Marriott employee benefits
- Asda benefits
- tesla employee benefits
- Loblaws employee benefits
- McDonald’s employee benefits
- Apple employee benefits
So, if you are an employee at any US Department of Veterans Affairs, continue reading to learn what employee benefits and discounts at the US Department of Veterans Affairs you can enjoy.
What Are VA Employee Benefits and Perks?
The federal provides a whole range of beneficial programs; the US Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Benefits that are very useful for the employees.
VA Employee Benefits Program aims to keep its employees loyal and engaged with the company. Through this US Department of Veterans Affairs Employee Benefits packages, the company wants to secure a dependable money source later in the life of employees offering various types of savings plans and welfare benefits.
Let us see what Employee Benefits and Perks which you can enjoy for working with the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
VA Job Benefits and VA Health Benefits
To promote and maintain a healthy work-life balance, protect income for the future, the US Department of Veterans Affairs offers
- Health initiatives: Industry-leading initiatives and programs designed to motivate veterans to live healthy lifestyles.
- Homeless assistance programs: US Department of Veterans Affairs has several programs to address the issue of veteran homelessness, including homeless centers and other initiatives.
- Center for women veterans: Centers designed specifically to assist women veterans in meeting their healthcare needs.
- VA hospitals: VA hospitals throughout America to provide veterans with healthcare and mental health care.
- Records center: The VA stores records for veterans to meet specific customized standards to ensure information remains safe.
- VA Nurse Locality Pay System (LPS) – ensuring nurses are paid competitive rates within each local labor market
- VA Special Rates – providing regular performance-based increases and potential accelerated increases for outstanding performance
- Market and Performance Pay for Physicians and Dentists
- Recruitment Incentives – including Recruitment Bonus, Relocation Bonus and Retention Allowance, each up to 25% of the rate of basic pay
- Premium Pay – including overtime, Saturday, Sunday, holiday, on-call, and night work
- Incentive Awards – including Superior Performance Awards, Special Contribution Awards, Quality Step Increases, VA Honor Awards, Non-Monetary Recognition, and Title 38 Awards
- 13 to 26 days paid annual (vacation/personal) leave
- 13 sick days annually with no limit on accumulation
- 10 paid Federal holidays
- Military leave is authorized up to 15 days a year for our active reservists and National Guard members
- The Voluntary Leave Transfer Program allows Federal employees to donate annual leave to other Federal employees who are experiencing a medical emergency
- The Family and Medical Leave Act and The Family Friendly Leave Act allow employees to balance their work and family lives by taking reasonable amounts of leave for medical reasons; for the birth or adoption/foster care of a child; and for the care of a child, spouse or parent who has a serious health problem
- Government-side Federal Employees’ Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) program offers affordable coverage and benefits options, and VA pays 1/3 of the cost of your basic life insurance premium.
- As Federal employees, VA health care professionals are protected by the Federal Government in cases of alleged malpractice or negligence resulting from the performance of their duties in or for the Veterans Health Administration. The United States Government accepts responsibility and liability for the actions of its employees during the exercise of their official duties
- A range of health insurance plans to choose from including exceptional vision and dental plans and Federal Government pays a portion of your premiums, and employees have the opportunity to change plans annually
- Health Care FSA – lowers your taxable income by reimbursing up to $4,000 per year of out-of-pocket medical, dental, and vision
- Dependent Care FSA – lowers your taxable income by reimbursing up to $5,000 per household annually for eligible daycare and eldercare expenses on a pre-tax basis.
With so many programs, initiatives, and branches, the eligibility for these various employee benefits and perks varies depending on the job status, working hours, and employment status.
US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Customer Sevice
To learn more about careers at VA, feel free to contact them directly. Here’s how:
- VA benefits hotline: 800-827-1000
- eBenefits technical support: 800-983-0937
- Call VA for help: 844-698-2311
- Call VA Help Desk: 1-844-456-5208
(available Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.- 5 p.m. CST)
- Email our Virtual Recruiting Center (VRC)
- Mail us:
- Department of Veterans Affairs
National Health Care Recruitment Service
1250 Poydras St., Suite 1000
New Orleans, LA 70113
That was all about VA employee benefits, perks, and employee discounts, one may get while working at US Department of Veterans Affairs.
I hope you would like this information, and it’s helped you a lot. But if you have any issues or suggestions regarding this article, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!