CA State Employee Benefits, Discounts, and Perks 2021
Working for the State of California? Do you know what additionally you can get paid while working for the State of California? No, then read out this post carefully.
Yes, the State of California offers amazing career benefits, perks, and discounts to its employees that help them to retain their hardworking and dedicated employees.
From employee pensions to health, dental, and vision plans, the State of California offers many benefits to its eligible team members designed to support employees’ physical, financial, and emotional well-being while helping employees balance work and life.
Keep exploring to learn more about California State Employee Benefits, CA State Employee Discounts, Perks, and more.
CA State Employee Benefits, Discounts and Privileges
The state of California has committed to helping their employees grow by rewarding them for their giving and investing in their health, well-being, and financial wellness.
As part of that commitment, the State of California offers a full range of benefits designed around these components to encourage wellness in all aspects of their lives.
CA State Employee Benefits are designed specially to take care of employee’s total well-being: physical, mental, financial, and social. CA State Employee Discounts are also offered in order to help employees to be productive and happy at work and at home.
Eligibility for Employee Benefits at the State of California depends on employment status; full-time or part-time, length of service, and position within the company.
Continue reading to learn what employee benefits and discounts at the State of California, you can enjoy?
Health and Well-Being
To support a healthy balance, the State of California offers many cores and supplemental coverage for employees’ physical and mental well-being and feel your best which are explained below –
- Health Insurance. Option to choose from a variety of health benefit plans for employees and their families. The state may pay up to 100% of the premiums depending on the plan selected. If an employee is already qualifying for medical and/or dental coverage through another source, such as a spouse, you can receive cash in lieu of health and/or dental coverage.
- Vision Care Insurance. As a state employee, you are automatically enrolled in the state’s Vision Program.
- Dental Insurance. Employees and their eligible dependents may choose the dental plan right for them. The state may pay higher percentages of the premiums depending on the plan selected.
- Long-Term Care. Affordable comprehensive plans are available.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- EAP is an assessment, short-term counseling, and referral service designed to provide employees and their families with assistance during difficult times, and consultation on managing everyday concerns.
- Benefits include confidential consultation and referrals, support groups, wellness programs, and noontime meetings and seminars.
- Most of the EAP benefits are free to state employees and their families.
- Medical Reimbursement Accounts. Set aside money to reimburse eligible medical expenses.
Job Flexibility and Advancement Opportunities
To encourage employees to live a healthy and active lifestyle, the company allows its employees to enjoy –
- Flexible Work Arrangements. Alternative work arrangements like flextime, alternative, and telework work schedules to help employees balance career and family life.
- Transfer, Training, and Advancement Opportunities. Make an option to opt from a wide range of desirable career options and transfer, training, and promotional opportunities throughout California.
- Merit Salary Adjustment. Annual 5 percent increase after 12 months of satisfactory performance, as certified by your supervisor, until maximum salary is reached for your classification.
Savings and Retirement Plans
The firm offers a range of retirement plans and financial counseling services, designed to support employees in meeting their personal long-term financial goals. Such as –
- Retirement Plans. A choice of plans to help you meet your goals. Pension grows as a team member’s career grows with the firm.
- ScholarShare Program. Tax-deferred college savings for employees children.
- Savings Plus. In addition to Retirement Plans, the state offers a 457 Deferred Compensation plan and a 401K plan for customized savings.
Discounts and Other Financial Incentives
The firm offers a wide variety of benefits and amenities to help employees live flexible, healthy, fulfilling lives at and outside of work including –
- Discounted Public Transit. Employees commuting to work by mass transit are eligible for a 75 percent discount on public transit passes up to a maximum of $65 per month.
- Credit Union. Membership in the Golden 1 Credit Union is open to all of our employees.
- Group Legal Services Insurance Plan. Affordable and covers most legal situations.
- Cell/Mobile Phone Plan Discounts. Receive up to an 18% discount on eligible cell/mobile phone plans at AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and other carriers.
- University/College Financial Aid. Up to $800 reimbursement for eligible employees to covers the cost of tuition and registration fees and books at public or private higher education systems.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts. Set aside money to reimburse dependent daycare expenses.
Paid and Unpaid Leaves
The firm proudly offers a variety of benefits, resources, and tools to support associates in different phases of their lives. To promote employees healthy well being, such as
- Holidays. 11 paid holidays per year, plus one personal holiday.
- Vacation. Earn vacation leave each year based upon years of employment.
- Sick Leave. Earn sick leave each month to provide income protection in the event of illness or injury.
- Annual Leave. Eligible employees accrue a combined pool of “annual leave” credits instead of separate vacation and sick leave.
- Family, Parental, and Other Leave. Up to one year of unpaid leave.
- Bereavement Leave. As a state employee, you are allowed paid time off if a member of your immediate family dies.
- Military Leave. Up to 30 calendar days with pay for military leave each year if you meet specific requirements.
- Jury Duty. In general, if you are called for jury duty, you serve with no loss of pay as long as you remit to the state any fees received for jury duty.
- Mentoring Leave. Up to 40 hours of leave per year, on a matching basis, to employees who mentor at-risk youth (grades K-12).
- Pregnancy Disability Leave. Female employees disabled by pregnancy, childbirth, or a related medical condition can take up to four months of unpaid, job-protected leave.
- Union Leave. Leave to participate in union activities, varying among bargaining units.
I hope that you will be satisfied with the details available here on CA State Employee Benefits and Discounts.
Have you ever worked at the State of California? What do you like the most there? Have you’d a great experience with CA State Employees?
Tell us about it in the comments below!