MetLife employee benefits 2023
MetLife Employee Benefits 2023 – MetLife, Inc. is one of the largest global providers of insurance in the United States.
It was founded on March 24, 1868, and now it holds 90 million customers in around 60 countries worldwide. Headquartered in the MetLife Building, New York, US, MetLife employing over 48,000 people worldwide.
MetLife, Inc provides its employees with an extensive range of MetLife employee benefits and discounts which are explained below.
So, if you an employee at MetLife or want to start your career with MetLife? then check below what various MetLife employee benefits packages, you can get at MetLife.
MetLife benefits, perks, and Employee Discounts
MetLife, Inc provides an extensive range of MetLife employee benefits and discounts for all U.S. full-time and part-time employees working over 20 hours a week or more.
Read below what MetLife employee benefits packages, MetLife offers to its employees apart from salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage (Choose from in-patient, out-patient and many additional benefits)
- MetLife Group Medical Plan
- Company-paid life insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- MetLife 401(k) savings and other investment plans
- Nursing care and services
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Cash balance defined benefit retirement plan
- Optional employee-paid life insurance
- Legal Services plan
Key Benefits of MetLife Group Medical Plan
MetLife offers a basic in-patient hospitalization plan that offers the following benefits to its employees, their spouses, and children –
- Nursing care and services
- Daily room and board charges
- Intensive care benefits
- Minor surgeries and daycare
- Cost of ambulance services
- Surgical benefits
- Doctor’s in-patient visits
- Diagnostic x-ray and laboratory expenses
- Selected pre-hospitalization expenses
- Root canal treatment
- Prescribed medicine
- Consultation for errors of refraction
- Tests for errors of refraction
- Costs of prescribed lenses
- Costs of frames
MetLife Group Personal Accident & Health Coverage
MetLife’s Group Personal Accident & Health Insurance to provide group insurance coverage for all employees in order to provide financial support in major conditions including death, disability, and medical expenses. Group critical illness coverage provides a lump sum for specific 13 deadly diseases. Check its other facilities –
- Accidental Death (AD) Coverage gives a lump-sum amount in case of an employee’s death due to an accident, equal to Group Life coverage.
- Accidental Permanent Total Disability (APTD) To provide a secure source of income, in case if an employee is totally disabled due to any accidental injury. Through this plan, a fixed amount is paid to employees for up to 60 months.
- Accidental Medical Reimbursement (AMR)
- Accidental Permanent Partial Disability (APPD)
- Critical Illness
- Group Critical Illness provides pay-out benefits for the following terminal illnesses –
- Kidney Failure
- Heart Attack
- Heart Valve Replacement
- Serious Coronary Disease
- End-Stage Liver Disease
- End-Stage Lung Disease
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- Fulminated Hepatitis
- Aplastic Anemia
- Major Organ / Bone Marrow Transplant
Check more Employee Benefits:
- Spectrum Employee Benefits
- Citizens Bank Employee Benefits
- Xero Employee Benefits
- Zappos Employee Benefits
- Lowe’s Employee Benefits
- Greggs Employee Benefits
MetLife Group Death & Disability Insurance
- MetLife offers Group life insurance coverage to provide a secure source of income for the beneficiary, in case if an Insured Employee dies due to sickness.
- Accidental Death coverage provides a secure source of income to beneficiaries in case of death, partial or total permanent disability
MetLife Packaged SME Employee Benefits Plans
It offers Packaged SME Employee Benefits Plans for all employees to deal with a range of group death, disability, and medical solutions. Employees can opt for any options on their requirements –
- Basic group life coverage (100,000 to 500,000 per employee)
- Optional group permanent partial disability (100,000 to 500,000 per employee)
- Optional group permanent total disability (100,000 to 500,000 per employee)
- Optional group accidental death coverage (100,000 to 500,000 per employee)
- Optional in-patient general hospitalization coverage (40,000 to 150,000 per employee)
- Optional in-patient maternity coverage (12,000 to 30,000 plans for married females)
Additional Perks for MetLife employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Commitment to Pay Equity
- Back-up child care and discounts on child care
- Diversity Business Resource Networks (DBRNs)
- Military Veterans Network at MetLife (MVET)
- Multicultural Professionals Network (MPN)
- Women’s Business Network (WBN)
- Families At MetLife (FAM)
- MetLife Diverse Abilities (MDA)
- Work/Life mentoring circles – availability of coaching, mentoring, and education to support women after parental leave
- Flexible work arrangements
- Future Development Fund workforce – offers learning programs for digital skills, innovation, and collaboration.
MetLife Employee Discount
MetLife offers a variety of employee discounts on its products and services, including:
- Group life insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Legal services
- Retirement planning
- Vision insurance
- Auto insurance
- Home Insurance
- Financial planning
- The specific discounts that are available to employees vary depending on the employer. However, some common Discounts include:
- Discounts on coinsurance
- Discounts on out-of-pocket maximums
- Discounts on premiums
- Discounts on deductibles
- Discounts on copays
In addition to discounts on products and services, MetLife also offers a variety of other benefits to employees, such as:
- Access to a 24/7 customer service hotline
- The ability to enroll in benefits online
- The ability to manage benefits through a mobile app
- The ability to get help with claims filing
To find out more about the employee discounts and benefits that are available, employees should contact their employer’s benefits department.
Final words For MetLife employee benefits
That was all about MetLife employee benefits, perks, and employee discounts, one may get while working at MetLife.
I hope you would like this information, and it’s helped you a lot. But if you have any issues or suggestions regarding this article, feel free to leave a comment. Thanks!
MetLife offers a variety of employee benefits, including health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, retirement savings plans, and wellness programs.
The requirements for eligibility for MetLife employee benefits vary based on the nature of the benefit. But, most benefits are only available for full-time employees working a specific number of hours a week.
You can sign up for MetLife benefit plans for your employees in the open enrollment period of your company. You may also sign up in case you’ve experienced an eligible life event like being married or having a child as well as losing or regaining your health insurance.
The cost of MetLife benefits for employees varies based on what type of service you are receiving offered and the amount of coverage you have. However, the majority of benefits are paid for through your company.
There are many benefits to having MetLife employee benefits. These benefits can help you protect your health, finances, and retirement.
There are some disadvantages when you have MetLife employees’ benefits. The disadvantages are the price of the benefits and it is true that employees do not have the same degree of control over the benefits you would have if you bought the benefits by yourself.
You can reach MetLife regarding your employee benefits via email, phone, or mail. There is also information regarding Benefits on the MetLife website.
There are many methods to obtain assistance regarding MetLife Benefits for employees. Contact MetLife’s customer service department, talk directly to the HR department, and visit their website.
The MetLife customer service number is 1-800-638-5433.
The MetLife website is www.metlife.com.