An Android handset and a Windows computer are connected via aka.ms/phonelinkqrc. The only devices that can use this Microsoft feature are Windows and Android devices. One can connect their smartphone and PC using the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc capability and use the phone’s features on the computer.
Conditions for connecting your phone to Windows
Your Phone Companion: If you do not have this app on your Android device, do not fear; we have a simple fix. Simply open your phone’s web browser and type in aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
Your Phone app on your Windows computer: The Your Phone app is already set up on computers running Windows 10 or later versions as of 10 October 2018.
Wi-Fi connection: To prevent any problems, both devices need to be linked to a reliable and robust internet connection.
What does Windows’ Phone Link do?
The Windows Creators Update’s new Phone Link feature allows you to sync your phone with your computer. This implies that you can view notifications, SMS, and app alerts from your phone directly on your computer. Additionally, you may use your phone as a PC keyboard or trackpad. You only need the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc code to get going.
How to Link Your Phone to a Windows computer
With the aka.ms/phonelinkqrc feature, you can connect your phone to a Windows computer by following the steps below.
- Start the app called “Settings” on your computer.
- Click the Phone Option button next.
- Click the “Add a phone” button, as shown below. Choose the type of phone you want to add in the next window.
- Click “Continue” to link to the next page.
- Type in your working cell phone number and click Send. Microsoft will send you a text message with the link to download the Phone Companion app, which is needed to connect your phone to your computer.
- Click the link to download Microsoft’s “Your Phone Companion” app.
- After you’ve downloaded and installed the app, open it and scan the QR code on aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
Your phone is now connected to your computer.
Another Way to Connect Your Phone
- Look up “Phone Link” on your desktop computer and select the related result.
- On the following screen, click “Get Started.”
- Click “Sign in” next to “Sign in with Microsoft.”
- Enter the account’s email address and password.
- Visit aka.ms/phonelinkqrc on your Android device.
- The Google Play Store should then prompt you to download the app.
- Open the app after downloading it, then choose “Link your phone and PC.”
- Visit aka.ms/phonelinkqrc in your desktop browser to get started.
- A QR code will be generated soon after.
- Continue tapping after approving access to the camera.
- To scan the code, get your phone closer to the computer.
- Accept contacts, calls, SMS, images, and other media permissions.
- On the following screen, select continue.
- The software can run in the background if you choose.
- Although more practical, this will reduce battery life.
- On your phone, tap “Done,” and on your computer, tap “Continue.”
- To begin, launch the Link to Windows application.
- Then click ‘Connect Your Phone and PC.’
- Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Following that, you will have several alternatives.
- Scanning the QR code on your Windows PC with your phone’s camera is now complete.
- Then, to view the QR code, go to aka.ms/phonelinkqrc.
- Then, using the Back button, select the Sign-in with Microsoft option.
- Accept the required rights and settings, then click Done.