- 1 What is Aka.ms/MFASetup?
- 2 How to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA Setup) on Microsoft?
Aka.ms/mfasetup – Guys!! If you have no idea about what is aka.ms/mfasetup? and how to set up multi-factor authentication in your Microsoft account? If yes, then this is the article for you. Please go through this article and get all the details you need to know about Multi-Factor Authentication setup (MFA Setup).
What is Aka.ms/MFASetup?
Multifactor authentication is a security enhancement that enables you to give at least two pieces of proof, or factors, to know yourself when logging into an account. It is a process of verifying your identity by using a combination of 2 different factors – (1) Something you know (password) and (2) something you have.
How to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA Setup) on Microsoft?
There are three authentication choices available for Multifactor Authentication.
- SMS Message: You will be sent a text message, including a verification code, when you try a sign-in. Enter the verification code given into the log-in interface.
- Mobile Application Push: This choice starts a pop-up notification to the authenticator app on your tablet or smartphone to approve or reject.
- Mobile Application OAUTH: The MS authenticator app creates a 6-digit verification code that updates every 30 seconds. This is helpful in situations where you may be in an area with bad cell coverage.
Multi-Factor Authentication Online:
- Visit the https://aka.ms/MFASetup link to setup Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Please Enter your email address and password to login. Click on the next button to provide more information:
Setup your preferred method of authentication:
Multi-Factor Authentication Through Text Message:
- Please select ‘Authentication Phone’ from the Drop-Down menu.
- Type in your mobile phone number.
- This number must be able to get text messages:
- Click on the Next button.
- You will get a verification text message.
- Please Enter the number you get into the enrollment page to confirm this authentication process.
Multi-Factor Authentication Through Mobile App Push/OAUTH:
- Please select Mobile App from the drop-down menu.
- Select Receive notifications for verification
- Next, please click on the Set Up button.
- Download the Microsoft Authenticator application on your smartphone via the App Store (iOS) or Play Store (Android).
- Start the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone.
- Click the + sign to add an account and select “Work or School Account.”
- The Microsoft Authenticator application will open your smartphone camera.
- Point it at the QR Code given on the page on your computer screen.
- This also sets up the device for the Mobile App OAUTH.
Multi-Factor Authentication By Phone call
- Go to Edit Security Info.
- Please select Phone.
- Please Enter your mobile or landline number.
- Select Call Me and click on the Next button.
- Microsoft will call you. Press # to authroize the login.
That was all about the How to Setup Multi-Factor Authentication on Microsoft?. I hope you like this article, and it’s helped you a lot, but if you are facing any issue related to this Multi-Factor Authentication on Microsoft then feel free to leave a comment I like helping everyone. Thanks!