- 1 IBM Employee Benefits and Perks 2020
- 2 What Are IBM Employee Benefits and Perks, to enjoy?
- 2.1 Health, Life, and Disability Benefits
- 2.2 Dental Choices
- 2.3 Vision Choices
- 2.4 IBM’s Live Well. Live Better. Rewards Program
- 2.5 Health Savings Account (HSA) Incentives
- 2.6 Short-Term Disability Income Plan
- 2.7 Long-Term Disability Plan
- 2.8 Prescription Drug Benefits
- 2.9 Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 2.10 Time Off
- 2.11 Paid Care Leave
- 2.12 Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program
- 3 Discounts for IBMers – IBM Employee Discounts
- 4 IBM employee benefits phone number and IMB Customer Care
IBM Employee Benefits and Perks 2020
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM) is an American cloud platform and cognitive solutions multinational technology and consulting company based in Armonk, New York. With over 350,000 employees serving clients in 170 countries
IBM offers a competitive benefits program, designed to help employees build a solid financial foundation for meeting a diverse array of needs — health care, income protection, retirement security, and personal interests.
So, If you’re new to IBM or are considering joining IBM, take a look around.
Here, I will explain various employee benefits at IBM, IBM employee benefits login, and also IBM employee medical benefits, IBM employee health benefits, and IBM’s retired employee benefits.
What Are IBM Employee Benefits and Perks, to enjoy?
At IBM, employees are the greatest asset of their success and they care about it. And, the chain also wants to be successful in their professional and personal lives.
To treat its employees well, IBM provides a range of competitive rewards package of pay, job benefits, discounts, and opportunities with choice and flexibility for their employees and dependent.
IBM offers a competitive benefits program, designed to help employees build a solid financial foundation for meeting a diverse array of needs — health care, income protection, retirement security, and personal interests. It also reflects on their continued commitment to lead from the front in everything they do.
So, if you’re new to IBM or are considering joining IBM, take a look around reading what attractive beneﬁt you can get besides attractive salary packages.
Health, Life, and Disability Benefits
IBM provides a range of options that allow employees to meet their persona and family circumstances. Enrolled employees have the opportunity to review and change the benefits each year during the enrollment period.
Employees can pay for a share of benefit coverage through payroll deductions.
IBM offers several healthcare plan options offering coverage for preventive care, medical care, hospitalizations, and emergency care.
Eligible medical services — including 100% in-network coverage for eligible preventive and
primary care includes –
- Telemedicine services
- Prescription drug
- Mental health/substance use care
- Care coordination, condition management and decision support
These benefits are available to all IBM regular full-time and part-time employees, long-term supplemental employees, retiree supplemental employees and their eligible dependents.
If you decline Medical coverage, you will receive a $30 per month credit.
Each of the regional health plan administrators have special Care Management and Disease Management programs, designed to provide expert help in managing employees’ (and their family’s) health conditions and risks.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
Eligible employees at IBM can contribute to a tax-advantaged Health Savings Account (HSA) to receive savings mechanism for both current and future health care needs.
IBM offers two types of dental coverage administered by MetLife.
- Dental Basic – offers in-network preventive and diagnostic care such as routine exams, cleanings, x-rays and fluoride treatments, are provided at no charge. The plan also helps to pay for basic services, such as fillings.
- This plan does not pay for orthodontia and major restorative services, such as crowns, root canals and periodontal services.
- Dental Plus – IBM Dental Plus covers preventive and diagnostic care at no charge if you use an in-network dentist, and helps you pay for these services when you go out-of-network.
- Orthodontia, fillings and major restorative care, like crowns, implants and root canals, are covered under the plan.
- For many of these procedures, you’ll need to obtain a pre-treatment estimate or pre-authorization to ensure that the plan pays benefits.
IBM offers two options for vision care: the IBM Vision Plan, which provides benefits for eye exams and eyewear, and the free EyeMed Vision Discount Plan, that helps save money on eyewear purchases.
- IBM Vision Plan
- Administered by Anthem Blue View Vision, provides benefits for an annual eye exam, eyeglass frame and lenses or contact lenses.
- Benefits are available both in-network and out-of-network.
- Additional discounts on extras and upgrades are available, in addition to these annual benefits.
- EyeMed Vision Discount Plan
- Provided by EyeMed Vision Care is available to employees and eligible dependents at no cost.
- This plan gives you access to savings of up to 40% on frames, lenses, lens options and contact lenses, and a discount on an annual eye exam at EyeMed Vision Care network provider locations.
- No enrollment or ID card is required to access the discounts from participating provider and ask for the EyeMed Discount.
IBM’s Live Well. Live Better. Rewards Program
IBM take health and well-being support to another level through their Live Well. Live Better. Rewards Program. It helps employees to enhance their personal health management, it offers offer program options to support physical activity, healthy eating, mindfulness, and more through CaféWell, our one-stop health and well-being platform.
These programs are made available to employees and covered to spouse/domestic partner at no cost.
Health Savings Account (HSA) Incentives
If an employee choose a medical plan option with an HSA, will be eligible to earn up to $300 in tax-free HSA contributions for self-only coverage or $850 for family coverage in addition to the automatic company contribution ($500 for self-only or $750 for family, prorated based on date of hire).
Short-Term Disability Income Plan
IBM’s Short-Term Disability (STD) Benefit Plan provides a salary continuation for each day you are absent due to illness or injury, up to a maximum of 26 weeks in a period of 12 consecutive months depending on your date of hire and hiring division.
Employees are eligible for this coverage on the first day of employment.
Long-Term Disability Plan
IBM’s Long-Term Disability (LTD) Plan provides you with important income protection if an employee become sick or injured for an extended period of time.
This plan offers the following options:
- No coverage
- 50% of pay, employee-paid with before-tax
- 66 2/3% of pay, employee-paid, with beforetax dollars
Prescription Drug Benefits
Prescription drug services are provided by CVS Caremark through the IBM Managed Pharmacy Program. Employees can use any CVS Caremark participating pharmacy for the first three 30-day fills of a medication however, after the third fill you must purchase your medication from CVS Caremark through retail or
Employees may obtain up to a 30-day supply (plus up to two refills) of a prescription from a retail pharmacy that participates in CVS Caremark’s national pharmacy
After the third fill, you must obtain your medication, up to 90-day supplies, through CVS Caremark mail order or Maintenance Choice® at a local CVS Caremark retail pharmacy.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
IBM Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provides short-term counseling for a variety of life events and everyday challenges including Work Stress, Family and Parenting Issues, Grief or Bereavement, Anxiety or Depression and Communicating Effectively.
A Clinical Referral Line (CRL) is the entry point for the EAP, which also offers up to eight free counseling sessions per issue with a licensed mental health or substance-abuse professional.
Employees Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
IBM Employees Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) provides eligible employees with an opportunity to purchase IBM stock at a 5% discount off the market price on the date the shares are purchased.
IBMers may designate between 1% and 10% of their eligible compensation, up to certain plan and regulatory limits, to purchase IBM stock through automatic payroll deduction, up to a maximum of $25,000 worth of shares in a calendar year.
IBM provides 12 holidays each year; six days are observed nationally:
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
Paid Care Leave
IBM has a long history of supporting IBMers and their families with programs and paid time off to help them through personal and family situations.
IBMers may receive Paid Care Leave is in addition to paid time off for holidays, Paid Sick Time, vacation, short-term disability, and parental bonding leave
IBMers may use Paid Care Leave according to the following guidelines:
- Caring for a family member, including any relative or one whose close relationship with the employee is the equivalent of a family relationship, who needs medical diagnosis, care, or preventive care (up to 5 days annually)
- Bereavement time off will vary based on the relationship to the employee and the time the employee needs:
o up to 4 weeks for the death of a spouse or child
o up to 5 days for the death of a parent or sibling
o up to 3 days for the death of an extended family member
- Marriage Leave for your own marriage (up to 5 days)
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program
Adoption and Surrogacy Assistance Program provides some financial assistance toward expenses incurred in the attempt to either adopt a minor child/children or have a child/ children through surrogacy.
Eligibility for coverage begins on your first day of employment.
IBM pays 100% of eligible expenses related to the adoption of a minor child/ children or the attempts to have a child /children through surrogacy, up to a lifetime maximum of$20,000 per family.
Eligible expenses include:
- Application fees
- Adoption or surrogacy agency fees
- placement fees
- Lawyer’s fees and other required legal fees
- Medical expenses of the surrogate, including In
- Vitro Fertilization (IVF), whether or not the IVF attempt results in the birth
- Hospital expenses while both birth mother and infant care in the hospital
- Temporary foster care charges (immediately preceding placement with adopting family)
Discounts for IBMers – IBM Employee Discounts
IBMers may receive discounts on products, services, and programs available to you from IBM’s clients, partners, and vendors. IBMers in the U.S. can take advantage of these discounts to save money on products and services.
IBMers may receive attractive discounts on
- Home Finance Programs
- Automobile Purchase Plans
- Auto and Homeowners Insurance
- Tax Preparation
- Travel Offers
- Consumer Electronics
Overall, IBM offers small but unique, employees benefits IBM for its lovely staff which ensures a high employee retention rate.
IBM employee benefits phone number and IMB Customer Care
If you have a specific question about IBM employee benefits packages, coverage, or any specific conditions, have a talk with the support specialists at
- IBM Toll Free Number: 1-800-IBM-SERV, 1-800-426-7378, 1-800-667-6383
- IBM Phone Number: 914-499-1900
- Phone Number for General Inquiries: 800-IBM-4YOU (800-426-4968)
- Contact Number for Shopping Assistance: 888-SHOP-IBM (888-746-7426)
- Managed and Cloud Services Providers Phone Number: 877-426-2223
- Phone Number For Benefits Information: 800-796-9876
- Office Telephone Number: 914-499-1900
- Office Contact Number: 888-839-9289
- Media Relations Phone Number: (781) 575-2727
- Investor Relations Contact Number: (888) IBM-6700, (914) 499-7777
- TTY Number: 800-IBM-3383 (800-426-3383) (within North America)
- IBM Email Address: [email protected]
- Official Website of IBM: https://www.ibm.com/
If you have any questions or queries related to employee benefits at IBM? Drop them into the below comment section. Thank you!