Charles Schwab Employee Benefits and Perks 2021
Charles Schwab, a multinational financial services provider cares about the health, well-being, and financial wellness of their employees. To promote healthy lifestyles helping employees build financial wellness, Charles Schwab offers a range of comprehensive Charles Schwab Employee Benefits programs, a competitive and flexible Total Rewards package designed to empower employees for today and tomorrow.
From compensation and benefits to wellness and on-site childcare, Charles Schwab aims to support employees’ commitment to the job as well as your priorities and interests outside of work.
So, if you’re looking for a job at Charles Schwab or working with the firm, read below what employee benefits at Charles Schwab, you can enjoy as a full-time or part-time employee?
What Are Previliages and Benefits of Working at Schwab?
Charles Schwab Corporation is an American multinational financial services company based in San Francisco, California. Founded as Charles Schwab & Co. in 1971, it is the third-largest asset manager throughout the world. Headquartered in the SOMA District, San Francisco, it offers commercial banking, stock brokerage, and wealth management advisory services throughout the world. The firm also employees more than 20000 employees to run their 400 locations worldwide.
Charles Schwab has committed to helping their employees grow by rewarding them for their giving and investing in their health, well-being, and financial wellness.
As part of that commitment, Charles Schwab offers a full range of benefits designed around these components to encourage wellness in all aspects of their lives.
Charles Schwab Employee Benefits are designed specially to take care of employee’s total well-being: physical, mental, financial, and social helping them with empowering for today and tomorrow.
Continue reading to learn what employee benefits and discounts at Charles Schwab you can enjoy?
Health and Wellness
Schwab offers a range of health and wellness benefits to help employees be their healthiest and manage their costs.
- Health care—Schwab offers medical, dental, and vision benefits that provide comprehensive coverage for you and your family members. The options available depend on where an employee lives. All the plans provide 100% paid preventive care to help stay healthy and identify health risks before they become bigger issues, as well as other benefits if an employee needs additional care.
- Tax-advantaged HSA — Charles Schwab’s medical plans come with a Health Savings Account (HSA) to help you save for future eligible health care expenses. Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars to pay for expenses during the year, or save the funds to use in the coming years even in retirement. Schwab contributes to HSA, too—up to $1,550 depending on your coverage level, income, and Everyday Wellness participation. Money in your HSA rolls over from year to year, and you can invest and grow balance.
- Wellness —
- Schwab’s Everyday Wellness program is based on the principle that when employees are at their best, they are better at work, at home, and in the community.
- Charles Schwab’s commitment to employee wellness provides ongoing opportunities to raise health awareness and allows them to earn up to $550 in Wellness Rewards for participating in Everyday Wellness programs.
- Schwab provides additional wellness resources through the Wellness Champion Network, a network of Schwab employees who help create and support wellness efforts tailored to the needs and interests of employees at the local levels.
Your total pay at Schwab is a combination of the compensation received today and programs to help invest in the future.
Total pay includes base wage, incentives, stock awards, and benefits that provide financial protection.
- Base Wage— Base wage is the foundation of total pay, and it’s based on position, skills, experience, and performance. Base wage decisions are performance-based and relative to external and internal ranges.
- Incentives—You’re also eligible for performance-based incentive pay.
- Corporate Bonus Plan: Unlike many companies, at Schwab, all employees working 20 hours or more per week are eligible to share in the company’s success. The Plan provides an annual discretionary award based on individual and company performance.
- Key Contributor Stock Awards — Depending on your position, you may be eligible for Schwab’s Key Contributor Program, which provides stock awards to high-performing employees.
- Individual Performance Awards: If you are in a revenue-generating position, employees are rewarded based on results.
Schwab offers valuable programs and supports to reach professional goals for tomorrow –
- Education Reimbursement—To help continue to grow and advance your career, Schwab encourages you to pursue business, related education, and training and reimburses expenses for qualifying programs based on approval and funding in the organization.
- Mentoring & Job Shadowing — Schwab provides an informal mentoring program to help employees get access to on-the-job training and support. Employees can own and manage their careers at Schwab with support from managers and colleagues. By investing in development, informal mentoring helps grow in a career.
Work and Life
Charles Schwab’s offers the following paid time off to its employees helping employees and their families navigate life’s everyday challenges –
- Time Off — Personal time away from work is vital to maintaining top performance on the job. Your vacation time begins accruing from the first of the month following your start date and carries over each year, to a maximum of 200 hours. Vacation accrual rates increase based on years of service. Employees also receive eight paid holidays plus two floating holidays and sick time.
- Paid Parental Leave — The birth or adoption of a child is an important event in a family’s life. To support this event, Schwab provides eligible employees with six weeks of paid parental leave for the care and well-being of their newborn or newly adopted child.
- Sabbatical Leave — Schwab believes that extended continuous time off offers long-term employees valuable time to refresh and recharge that a regular vacation may not provide. To support this belief, Schwab offers a 28-day paid sabbatical, eligible for after five years of employment, and every five years thereafter.
- Adoption Reimbursement — To help employees with the expenses and other fees associated with adopting a child, Schwab reimburses up to $2,000 per adopted child under 18 years of age.
- Bright Horizons Family and Personal Support Services – Schwab offers services through Bright Horizons such as reliable, cost-effective back-up child, adult, and elder care; no-cost educational advice for students who are preparing for college; free parental guidance and support for children who are feeling challenges at school and/or home and need extra help; and access to a free, comprehensive database of caregivers, pet sitters, housekeepers, and more!
- Community Involvement – Schwab strives to be part of communities, and they want to be involved, too. That’s why Charles Schwab offers paid volunteer time and sponsors an annual Schwab Volunteer Week. Through the Employee Matching Gifts program, Schwab also matches up to $1,000 per year of
charitable contributions to eligible nonprofit organizations.
- Commuter Tax Savings Program – Schwab offers the Commuter Tax Savings Program to help you save on commuting costs. Eligible monthly parking, public transportation, and vanpool costs can be paid out of your paycheck with pre-tax dollars.
- Legal Plan – Schwab’s Hyatt Legal Plans through MetLaw provide affordable legal help to your entire family. Schwab offers legal plan options that cover you, your spouse, dependents, and parents, or parents-in-law for many common legal issues.
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account – The Dependent Care FSA can help save money on child care or adult dependent care expenses using pre-tax money. Plus, Schwab will contribute up to $200 per month to eligible employees’ Dependent Care FSAs, based on salary and number of eligible dependents.
- Employee Discount Program – LifeCare’s Employee Discount Program helps you save on everyday items, such as:
– Car rental services
– Ski tickets
– Sporting events
– Gym memberships, diet plans, exercise equipment
– City attractions
– Movie ticket packages
– Child daycare
– Research and referral services
Schwab offers other discounts to help you save, too:
– Schwab Bank and Brokerage products
– Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T plans
– Apple products
– Auto and home insurance
– Pet insurance
Employees work every day as a champion for the client’s financial goals. Schwab wants to do the same for them by striving to offer benefits, resources, and tools to help them achieve a strong financial future.
- 401(k) Plan – Schwab’s 401(k) plan makes saving for retirement easy. Employees are eligible to participate beginning on the start date or are automatically enrolled in the Plan 45 days after hire. Schwab will make a $250 contribution when you first contribute, plus $1 for every $1 you contribute up to 5% of your eligible earnings each pay period. Employees are immediately 100% vested in Schwab’s company matching contributions.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan – Employees can become an owner of the company by contributing 1%-10% of eligible compensation to the Plan to buy Schwab common stock at a 15% discount.
- Financial Protection – Schwab provides company-paid Short Term Disability and Basic Life Insurance. Employees can also enroll in optional Long-Term Disability, Supplemental Life Insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage to provide financial safety and protects the financial future.
- Disability coverage provides income when an employee unable to work due to injury, illness, or pregnancy
- Life and AD&D coverage provides additional financial protection to you or your beneficiaries in the event of a serious accident or death
- Employee Branch & Advice Services – Wealth management isn’t just for our retail clients. All employees are entitled to no-cost financial planning sessions specific to their needs.
Consultations can include:
– Retirement Planning
– Debt Management
– Mortgage Planning
– Investment Advice
– Education Planning
– Estate Planning
Hopefully, you like the available information on Charles Schwab Employee Benefits and Discounts.
Feel free to contact us for any of the above Charles Schwab HR or employee helpline contacts if you are unable to get any employee benefits at Charles Schwab’s.
For online assistance, share the issues in the comment box and get help here. Thank you!